Important Information. Please Read Before Purchasing:
This is a PDF download. No physical product will be mailed to you. The literature book required for this novel study (A Kind of Spark by Elle McNicoll) does not come with your purchase.
A Kind of Spark by Elle McNicoll is one novel study (out of 12) in our Level 6 Language Arts curriculum. This store listing is for one individual novel study (A Kind of Spark) from Level 6.
Level 6 novel studies are being released in order as they are completed, beginning in the summer of 2023. While we do not have a firm ETA in place for these releases, we anticipate the release of a new novel study every 4 - 6 weeks. You can find samples, updates, and more information on Level 6 on our website here: https://blossomandroot.com/sixth-grade/
IMPORTANT: The full Level 6 Language Arts curriculum will become available for purchase once all 12 individual novel studies have been released. Please scroll down to the bottom of the FAQs at the end of this listing for more information.
This novel study includes:
- 4 total weeks of curriculum, with three and four-week scheduling options
- Weekly assigned literature selections and optional supplemental book selections
- Weekly "elements of story" prompts, literature projects, and journal prompts
- Weekly narration, copywork, grammar, and dictation prompts
- Weekly vocabulary lessons with a cumulative review in Week Four
- Weekly social studies explorations that tie into the main literature selection
- Weekly "bonus activities" to explore rabbit trails from the main literature selection
- Weekly writing and art journaling prompts in the Super Secret Notebook guide
- Discussion questions to use after finishing the novel (great for book clubs!)
- Optional cursive copywork passages
- A "clickable links" PDF for easy navigation on any device
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Is this a secular resource?
Yes! Our program is 100% completely secular.
2) Will this product be mailed to me?
No. Our product is a digital download and will be delivered to you as soon as your payment is processed. You can send it to a print shop to be printed and bound, print it at home, or keep it on a tablet or computer for reference. (We love and recommend Hard Copy HQ for your printing needs!)
3) Can I print out multiple copies?
Your purchase is for your family alone. Feel free to make as many copies as you like for your own family. If you would like to use this novel study for a co-op, please contact Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission first. Blossom and Root curricula may not be resold (at curriculum fairs, online, or anywhere else.)
4) Are there any worksheets or workbooks included? Does this novel study come with the books required or recommended for it?
There is a student notebook included in your downloads after purchase. This purchase is ONLY for a single novel study for A Kind of Spark by Elle McNicoll. It does not include any other novel studies from Level 6, any physical supplies or physical print-outs, or any of the recommended or required literature books.
5) Are there any exchanges or refunds?
No. All sales are final. Due to the digital nature of our product, there are no exchanges or refunds. Please consider carefully if this is a good fit for your child prior to purchase.
6) Can I get a sample first?
Absolutely! If you would like a free sample, please go to https://blossomandroot.com/sixth-grade/
7) What if I want to eventually purchase the full Level 6 Language Arts curriculum when it becomes available, but will be purchasing individual novel studies in the meantime?
- Once the full Level 6 Language Arts curriculum (Creativity and Community) is released, you will have 30 days to email me at email@example.com and request a unique discount code.
- This discount code will deduct the cost of any previous Level 6 novel studies you have purchased up to 72.00 USD outside of sale windows or 50.40 USD during seasonal sales from the price of the full Level 6 Language Arts curriculum.
- The full Level 6 Language Arts curriculum will be listed at 72.00 USD (regular price.) If you have spent more than 72.00 USD (if purchasing the full curriculum outside of sale window) or 50.40 USD (if purchasing the full curriculum during sale window) on Level 6 novel studies, you will be given store credit for the remaining balance. Refunds will not be available for the remaining balance.
- So, for example, if you purchase 70.00 USD in Level 6 novel studies and contact me within 30 days after the release of the full Level 6 Language Arts curriculum, and you plan to use the code outside of a sale window, you will be provided with a discount code to take 70.00 USD off the price of the full LA curriculum. Or, if you plan to use the code during a sale window, your code will take 50.40 USD off the price of the full LA curriculum and you will be given 19.60 USD in store credit.
- Your unique code will only be live for a limited time, and will either work during a sale window or outside of a sale window, depending on which option you specify in your emailed request.
- Sale windows are 3/15 - 4/30, 8/1 - 9/15, and 11/15 - 12/31 every year.
This is a digital download. You will not be mailed any physical products, and we do not offer printed / bound curriculum at this time. Your downloads will come from Gumroad, not Blossom and Root, so please check your junk mail if you do not see them in your inbox. You are welcome to use the printing company of your choice, if you would like to have a physical copy. There are several online companies that cater to homeschoolers, as well as local print shops and "big box office store" printing services available. (We love and recommend Hard Copy HQ for your printing needs!) You may, of course, print at home if you prefer, or use our resources digitally. Apps like Notability are great for marking up parent guides and notebooks for digital users.
Please note: This purchase is for a single novel study from Level 6 Language Arts.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4-week lesson guide, 4-week student notebook, 4-week Super Secret Notebook project guide, and clickable links PDF (4 downloads)